Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

arthur7up
Regular Visitor

gateway "not configured correctly"

Hi,

I have an issue with gateway connection when I tried to pick one of our enterprise gateway. It says notconfigured correctly and when I clicked view datasource it list one of my dataset which I already have in the enterprise gateway.

Gateway connection.PNG

If I clidked Add to gateway, it will lead me to adding this dataset into the enterprise gateway, but when I clicked Add it says duplicate dataset as below :

Error.PNG

Anyone can help or ever have experience with this issue ?

Thanks,

Arthur

16 REPLIES 16
Stoeff
Regular Visitor

In my case, the manually created gateway datasource was not recognized because it contained only the server name and not the server name plus domain (FQDN) as in the report dataset.

slaterr
Frequent Visitor

Was a simple fix for me after getting this message. Not sure if anyone missed this but I didnt have my user name in the users section of the data source setting so the data source wouldnt work on published reports.

datasource.jpg

Amazing, this happened to me too. You solved this one for me, thanks for sharing slater

Alfredo_MS
Regular Visitor

Hi arthur7up ,

Did you solve this?

I have the same issue.

If I add the gateway from data source the gateway add one more to data set tab but the original with data SqlServer{"server":"localhost","database":"database"} still it there.

If I add gateway from Gataway connection Power BI add de gateway in data set but not in gataway connection. and I only see SqlSErver{"server":"localhost","database":"database"}

Any sugestions?

thanks and regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alfredo_MS, try rebuilding the connection in your gateway configuration. I just had a client with this exact same behavior, and deleting and recreating the database connection in the gateway settings fixed it.

@Anonymous Thanks for the answer,

I tryed rebuilding the connection in my gateway configuration, First I delete the connection (gateway from data source settings) and then rebuild that with the same error.

Second I was delete all the data in gataway cluster and rebuild again, and the result was the same.

Even I tryed reinstalled PowerBIGateway but the result was the same. I can see the configuration in manages conections but not in the gateway connection.

I have a same problem like @arthur7up.

data source.jpggatawey connection.jpg

Some other idea ?

thanks and regards

Hi everyone,

I can resolve the problem.

I configurate the FW in my workspace and only here was possible what firewall will work correctly.

Outsides my workspace even inside to my profile wasn´t possible work with the firewall.

regards.

In case it helps anyone, we had been running our reports successfully but just migrated our data source server. Even though the dataset pbix hadn't changed, the database structure itself hadn't changed, etc, I had to change the source on the dataset pbix file and publish before I ever got this working.

StephenF
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Was this ever solved?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me. To get it to work, make sure all of your connections are removed from your Gateway (under GATEWAY CLUSTERS). Note there is nothing under your GATEWAY CLUSTERS.

PBI1.JPG

Click the blue box with the link that says 'Add data sources to use the gateway'. Create an initial datasoure but do not call it what you want to call it. For now, just call it 'Garbage' but use actual credentials to access your data source. You want it to say 'Connection Successful' after you apply your settings.

PBI2.JPG

Now go to your dataset and click the schedule refresh button and expand Gateway connection. Click use a data gateway and it will say not configured correctly as the status. Under actions, click the traiangle pointing to the right. Click Add to gateway. Readd the data source, this time with the name you want and the same credentials. Go back to your Gateway connection and it should now be green.

PBI3.JPG

You will want to hit apply to get the data source credentials corrected. You can now remove 'Garbage' by hovering over the data source under GATEWAY CLUSTERS (make sure you hover on the right side of the grey block), click the ellipse that appears and then remove.

It is so stupid all this nonsense. Is it me? Maybe.

I dont know how, but this worked, thanks a lot bro!

That worked for me. Great inventions. Keep it going

jpt1228
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Tried removing all the gateway data sources and following instructions but when I add cluster to gateway it gives error about duplicate data source. I am trying to connect to a specific port in the connection string. Not sure if that is causing the errors.

Stll could not get connected even though it shows connection successful in the data source. Cannot schedule data refresh.

jpt1228
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

After working with Microsoft tech support for 2 hours we finally figured out the problem. I was setting up a connection called PostgreSQL35W in the ODBC connector in Windows. Using the ngpl application.

When I was in Power BI I created the data connection for the ODBC with the appropriate connection string with server, port, database name.

At the top you need to leave Data source name (DSN) as (None). I had this set to PostgreSQL35W which was casuing issue with the gateway when trying to auto refresh data. 

odbc v2.JPGodbc pbi.JPG

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi arthur7up,

As troubleshooting, you can delete the first data source in manage gateway and add a new data source then check if this issue still happens. In addtion, please update on-premises data gateway to the lastest version.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

prihana
Helper V
Helper V

Remove the troublesome data source from the gateway and add again. Check if the connection is successful when you do this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors