Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

gateway not refreshing, no errors recorded

I am new to all things power bi.  I created a report with a datasource connected to a local db and excel file.  I have published the report to power bi.  I installed the power bi gate way.  I have linked my published report datasource to the gateway and made connections to the local sql database and excel file.  All connections authenticated as expected. I set the refresh schedule to occur every 30 minutes.

the data in my report remains stale.  the gateway/datasource says it is refhreshing, but the data remains stale.  I have tried changing the  datasource in the report from direct query to import, but no change.  

What am i missing?  Is there another setting hidden in this wonderfully easy to use microsoft product that needs to be activated to allow my reports show current data?

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Reports will not auto refresh the data automatically.

This is by design, you either have to click on the Refresh button, or you have to interact with the report to see the changes.

If you want to see updates automatically you have to use Dashboards for this to happen.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors