Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

full share between 2 companies

I have 2 companies.
One with one tenant and another company in another tenant.
One bought another and are still using the original URL because of brand issues.

Each company has 2 licenses os Power BI PRO.

When I share reports, I cannot view the other company.
But I need to make full report sharing between both companies.

How can I make Power BI treat both companies as only one?

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Why can't you view the reports of the other company? It should work. Please refer to service-how-to-collaborate-distribute-dashboards-reports#share-dashboards-and-reports.

Maybe you can add the other domain to your tenant. Please refer to fr-fr/blog/can-i-add-a-domain-to-my-tenant/.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I read the links.

But can I have the same domain inside 2 different tenants?

tenant 1, company 1

tenant 2, companies 1 and 2

can I do this? or will I get an error because company1 is already in the tenant1?

The thing is, I need to create an App Workspace and add users from another domain.

But I get an error: "These email addresses don't exist in your organization"

Maybe I don't need to add the domain to the same tenant, and maybe I need to add each user as a guest in my domain.

Will it work If I add users from the second domain as guests in my first domain?

z.png

Hi @Anonymous,

Adding them as guests would work if they only need to consume the contents. Please refer to /service-admin-azure-ad-b2b.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I put one domain inside 2 different tenants? Or I must remove one domain from one tenant to then put it inside the other tenant?

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I am aware because they are in seperate Tenants they will not be able to see each others data automatically.

The only option that I can think of is to move all the content into the new company and then start using that going forward.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors