Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Novec
Regular Visitor

from service to desktop

I created a report in Power BI Service. The worksheet and dataset are in the same workspace. Now I wan't to edit a view things from this report in Power BI desktop. 

I can download the report but then I have 2 .pbix files. 

I can connect from Power Bi desktop to Power BI but then I just get de dataset and not the report, So I need to rebuild it.

Can somebody tell me what I oversee? 

Thanks and regards. 

Steven

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Novec,

The simplest way is to download the pbix file, modify it and republish it, replacing the existing one in the service. Then you can delete the local pbix file if you want.

Regards.

Thanks for your answer.
i think that a *.pbix made in Power BI Service can't be downloaded. 

Regards 

Steven

@Novec Your initial question is a bit confusing, but it sounds like you are answering your own question here. You are correct, if you built this in the Service, there is no way to modify it in the Desktop. 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors