Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

from Real time streaming dataset api's json format remove decimal places taken by default in number

I have created real time streaming dataset using api in power bi services. i have added few fields of type number. below the field we can see json format of created api. In that json format i can not able to modify the value of number datatype default from 98.6 to 98 only. As I am showing data on map visual tooltip it's showing the decimal places as 'value.00' ex '58,990.00' I want to remove this decial places from my real time streaming visual.clipboard-image (3).png

clipboard-image (4).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. The decimal option for the json is the only number option. You won't be able to change it. This is a modeling problem and not about the API. The only way I know to solve this is if you connect to the Power Bi Streaming Dataset with Power Bi Desktop. When connected, you can create measures. Those measures can be configured in formatting tab or by dax code in order to return an int or round number. That way you can make the numbers in the map integer instead of decimal.

Other way is changing the "Value Decimal Place" formatting option that some visualizations have. You can check an example here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-card#format-a-card

Hope this helps,

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. The decimal option for the json is the only number option. You won't be able to change it. This is a modeling problem and not about the API. The only way I know to solve this is if you connect to the Power Bi Streaming Dataset with Power Bi Desktop. When connected, you can create measures. Those measures can be configured in formatting tab or by dax code in order to return an int or round number. That way you can make the numbers in the map integer instead of decimal.

Other way is changing the "Value Decimal Place" formatting option that some visualizations have. You can check an example here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-card#format-a-card

Hope this helps,

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors