Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

frequency refresh Power Bi pro

Hello,

I use Power BI Pro and I have a daily refresh at 8:00.  For all my days I want to keep it this way but for thursday I want a refresh at 11:00... Is it possible to program this on Power BI service ?

Thank you all

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Resolver I
Resolver I

@Anonymous 

You might also want to take a look at the Power Automate Refresh Dataset action.  You can use a recurrence trigger and configure the Flow to run every Thursday at 11:00.  Then use the Refresh Dataset action.  That won't stop the 8:00 refresh but it will get refreshed at 11:00.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would suggest looking at the following link below

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-data-refresh-apis-in-the-power-bi-service/

Thanks,

Shanthakumar.

collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @Anonymous ,

The way the system is setup now you can only choose "daily" or "weekly" and then set a time.  This sounds like a good idea to me though - to be able to separate refreshes by specific days of the week.  If you add an idea, let us know.  Ideas (powerbi.com)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for ur answer but what if I want to set a refresh for thursday at 12:00 and for the other days at 8:00 ? 

Hi @Anonymous ,

That is why I am suggesting that you create an idea.  You can't have a separate "On Thursday at this time" and the other days "at this time" sort of option.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors