cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msai
Frequent Visitor

frequency refresh Power Bi pro

Hello,

I use Power BI Pro and I have a daily refresh at 8:00.  For all my days I want to keep it this way but for thursday I want a refresh at 11:00... Is it possible to program this on Power BI service ?

Thank you all

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Frequent Visitor

@msai 

You might also want to take a look at the Power Automate Refresh Dataset action.  You can use a recurrence trigger and configure the Flow to run every Thursday at 11:00.  Then use the Refresh Dataset action.  That won't stop the 8:00 refresh but it will get refreshed at 11:00.

ashanthakumar
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

I would suggest looking at the following link below

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-data-refresh-apis-in-the-power-bi-service/

Thanks,

Shanthakumar.

collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @msai ,

The way the system is setup now you can only choose "daily" or "weekly" and then set a time.  This sounds like a good idea to me though - to be able to separate refreshes by specific days of the week.  If you add an idea, let us know.  Ideas (powerbi.com)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

msai
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Thanks for ur answer but what if I want to set a refresh for thursday at 12:00 and for the other days at 8:00 ? 

Hi @msai ,

That is why I am suggesting that you create an idea.  You can't have a separate "On Thursday at this time" and the other days "at this time" sort of option.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

Thank you 2022 Review

2022 Monthly Feature Releases

We had a great 2022 with a ton of feature releases to help you drive a data culture.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors