Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jonathankapoor
Frequent Visitor

files missing from sharepoint folder ONLY when using PQ in dataflows

Hi all,

For the last 12 months I have had a dataflow that connects to a sharepoint online folder and combines the files. Has worked very well! However today when it refreshed to include last months file it is missing not only last months file but all files going back to July 2019! (one file per month).

The strange thing is when I copy the query from Dataflows to PQ in PBI Desktop the query returns all files and combines successfullu. I have checked a few other dataflows that use a sharepoint folder connector and they too are now under reporting on the files in the sharepoint folder...

The issue isn't at the combine stage, it's when PQ lists all the files in the Sharepoint root and isn't brining through every file.

This is bizzare and has completely broken all models that uses these dataflows. Any idea what's happening??!

Jon

9 REPLIES 9
jeremyking77
Helper I
Helper I

Im having the same issue at the moment which is really frustrating

I found a work around that seems to be working for while the other method doesnt seem to work

You can use SharePoint.Contents instead.. Then you have to drill through each folder to your folder contents

let
Source = SharePoint.Contents("https://xxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/xxxx/", [ApiVersion = 15]),
#"Shared Documents" = Source{[Name="Shared Documents"]}[Content],
#"Reporting & Analysis" = #"Shared Documents"{[Name="Reporting & Analysis"]}[Content]
in 
#"Reporting & Analysis"

This works if you have all the source files in one directory. You'd have to do some more work if you have subfolders as well because you'd need to navigate through

jonathankapoor
Frequent Visitor

To be clear it is Sharepoint Online

Hi there

No idea why it should be happening.

What happens when the dataset is refreshed?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Appears I'm not the only one having this issue.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Hi @jonathankapoor ,

Does there any change applied to the  queries used in Data flow recently? Does the data flow and power bi desktop use the same credential? Could you please try to verify if this issue also occur in a new dataflow?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My responses are in red.

Does there any change applied to the  queries used in Data flow recently?

Nope no changes to the query.

Does the data flow and power bi desktop use the same credential?

Nope same credentials

Could you please try to verify if this issue also occur in a new dataflow?

Occurs in other existing dataflows using Sharepoint Online Folder connector. Also occurs in brand new dataflows.

Hi @jonathankapoor ,

Sorry for that, We cannot reproduce the issue here and also not found an effective solution. We suggest you to open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket .gif

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I've raised a support ticket. so will let you guys know the outcome once its resolved

@jonathankapoor @GilbertQ @v-lid-msft 

looks like Microsoft have found the issue and its going to be fixed next week

See https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Dataflows-failing-to-find-Sharepoint-files/idc-p/941788#M538...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors