Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

failed to re-publish a pbix file after renaming a table

I tried to publish an existing report file after renaming one (or more) of the table name within the power bi file. I got this failed to publish report for unknown reason error. I had to remove the existing report on the power bi service or undo the rename to be able to republish the report. Anyone got similar experience?

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

Thanks for your feedback. I can publish an published pbix after renaming table(s). The problem in my test is that the renaming doesn't reflect in service. though the pop up window says "publishing to Power Bi success". Adding or deleting any table(s) and republish won't reflect in service as well, the dataset in service just remains as it was.

At this moment, the replacing publish seems not working well. I will report this internally and post back when there comes any update.

@Anonymous

There're similar problems reported. Based on further test, I've found this problem related to RLS. Steps to reproduce this problem

1. create a new report applying RLS and publish.
  2. pin any report to dashboard in Service.
  3. Re-publish in desktop.

The workaround is removing the pinned report(s) and republish. We've reported this internally and would post back if there come's any update. Thanks for your patience.

Anonymous
Not applicable

A couple of days later, I managed to re-publish the report without issues. Apparently the Power BI team has fixed it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors