Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

d8taninja

extending "pin to dashboard" capability without enabling build mode

I have developed and published a variety of reports to a personal workspace and shared them with teammates. Sharing permission is set to "read" because my organization does not want to enable "build." We need to control content quality/creation.

My teammates want to create their own personal dashboard (not shareable with others) from the content that is shared to them but not alter the report otherwise.

Assuming I have not missed something obvious, my guess is that this relates to controlling downstream content sharing. For example, if a dashboard can be created from content that is not shareable, the desired ability described could effectively bypass the control structure, since the dashboard creator could share the dashboard freely. The control structure would need to be augmented in some way, perhaps the ability to share a dashboard is dependent on the permission(s) of the content(s) it is built from. This would get messy, but maybe there is an elegant solution.

Insights appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @d8taninja 

Sorry.

AFAIK, The users should be at least a contributor in workspace,then they can copy the report and customize it.

Of course, build permission is also required.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @d8taninja 

Sorry.

AFAIK, The users should be at least a contributor in workspace,then they can copy the report and customize it.

Of course, build permission is also required.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors