Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

export to pdf is cutting off the right hand side of the page

Hi,

Had this bug been investigated previously? Export to pdf works great in desktop but in Service I cannot print reports as it is inexplicably cutting off half the report (I've check in edge, chrome and firefox). And using the print dialogue skews the report unless the user manual goes in and adjustes the margins. The report otherwise is displaying fine (the report has wallpaper). It's pretty embarassing when issuing out reports I have to explain you can't print them off...

help please!

edit: Solution is to change the "View" in PwerBI Desktop from ACtual Size to Fit to page. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

I found a workaround after testing several times. Change view from actual size  to fit to page and save as a new report. Then it will show entirely while exporting to PDF.

1.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
eengle11

Having the same issue with losing the right side of my page when Exporting to PDF, Page View Fit To Page did not solve this issue. I have been exporting to PDF for the last year and have never had this problem until now. 10/26/2023

I have exactly the same problem after being able to export a file to pdf after the last several years!!

Roukar

Having the same problem since this morning but only on one server (windows server 2016), on an other machine (windows server 2012) different windows version, i don't have that problem.

Hoping for a fix soon.

Same with me, happened this morning and I can't solve it.

Same with me, happened this morning and I can't solve it.

Same.  How did this happen?  This is such basic functionality. 

kpost
Super User
Super User

Thank you so much, this solved my issue.  (Saving as new report and then exporting).

I have to present a report I've been working on for several months tomorrow. you're a life saver.

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I reproduced the issue when I choose the feature of "Print" with Edge. After modifying the margins setting, it showed the entire page. And it worked fine with other browsers and when I choose Export to PDF.  You could try to change scale setting and margins setting when you print. 

Here is the document about Printing from the Power BI service.

>Considerations and troubleshooting

We cannot guarantee that the printed copy will be exactly the same as it appears in the Power BI service. Things like scaling, margins, visual details, orientation, and size are not controlled by Power BI. For help with issues like this, refer to the documentation for your specific browser.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Having the same problem as of today (10/23/2023).

The solution didn't fix it.

Same our company is unable to export our reports to a pdf with PowerBI as about 1/4 of the right hand side of the page is cut off. We have tried all the online fix arounds changing settings, and page fittings. No matter what we tried we couldn't resolve the issue. (10/24/2023)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for us here

Anonymous
Not applicable

and its not acceptable, i think it related wih some updates

Hello !! 

I am facing same issue and try all above solutions but still not working,, please need urgent support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the response. 

Yes I've managed to get it to look correct when using the print page dialogue in the broswer and setting custom margins however this isn't an acceptable solution when I'm asking other users to use the reports. 

The "Export to PDF" is also cutting off the document (landscape document with a wallpaper) and there are no settings to adjust. 

Does the Considerations and troubleshooting also apply to export to PDF?

Hi i have the same problem and none of the solutions posted here are solving the problem. I have tried everithing and still once i export to PDF the exported version in the PDF is crooped and not all from the power bi page is displayed on it. I am using the follwing version of power BI: Version: 2.105.1143.0 64-bit (May 2022). Power bi Dessctop (Report Server). Also just a month ago i did not have the problem and the export to PDF was working perfectly. 

Many thanks,

Hi @Anonymous ,

I found a workaround after testing several times. Change view from actual size  to fit to page and save as a new report. Then it will show entirely while exporting to PDF.

1.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Just ran into this and changing that setting fixed it for me as well.

I did the same thing and it didn't work.

in pdf, I have cropped data anyway.

any idea why?

I was working on a different report recently and ran into a similar issue and found that the page had a custom size...you might check that. Otherwise, no idea why you might see something different.

I have 16:9

I don't understand why export doesn't work

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors