Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MP_123
Employee
Employee

export from published reports

hi,

i want to export from published reports , or from reports pinned to dashboard.

is it possible? can't find it

see here there is no option to import from published report (there are no three dots to open)

123.PNG

here from pinned live report to dashboard:

1234.PNG

the option to export appear only under reports at pbi service. why is that?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MP_123,

Firstly, it is not able to export data from the report for those users after you publish the report to web, this behavior is by design in Power BI. If you concern this behavior,  I recommend you submit idea on the Power BI Idea forum: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas .

Secondly, as I wrote in my previous reply, when we pin the live page of report to dashboard, there is no option to export data of the report from the dashboard, in this case, you need to go to the report page and then export data.

However, when we pin the report to dashboard using the “Pin visual” option, we are able to export data of the report from the dashboard or directly export data in the report page.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checking up and seeing if anybody knows if a solution has arisen for this issue! I have been trying to find a way to export data from a published report and have not been able to. Please let me know if anything has arose that will allow this to happen! 

Thanks, 

Austin I

Hola,

Se ha encontrado una solución para esto ?

Buenos días!

Alguien ha encontrado solución a esto ¿

Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi All

I also need to publish report to web page. hope this feature is available.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MP_123,

From your screenshot, it seems you are using the bubble chart custom visual.

Based on my test, when we pin the live page of report to dashboard, there is no option to export data of the report from the dashboard, this behavior is by design in Power BI.

However, when we pin the report to dashboard using the “Pin visual” option as follows, we are able to export data of the report from the dashboard.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft@kcantor@mihart

tahnk you all!

just for my understanding - what is the point of the ability to export only from service?

i share the reports to clients, they want to export the data (they can't see the report on service)

don''t understand why i am the only one who can export

Hi @MP_123,

Could you please elaborate more details about your scenario? How do you share the reports to clients? Based on my test, when I share the dashboard to others, they are able to export data of the report from the shared dashboard when I pin the report to dashboard using the “Pin visual” option.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

hi @v-yuezhe-msft, thanks for replying

i have two scenarios:

1.     reports (using import data). when on service, clicking file - >publish to web. and send this link to others.in this way, when see the reports from the link there is no option to export visuals. only me can, using the reading\editing mode in the service.

reports (using live connection) - because with the live connection on SSAS data source publish to web is disabled, i pinned the whole report (pin live page) to a dashboard. in this scenario export is not enable also

thanks!

Hi @MP_123,

Firstly, it is not able to export data from the report for those users after you publish the report to web, this behavior is by design in Power BI. If you concern this behavior,  I recommend you submit idea on the Power BI Idea forum: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas .

Secondly, as I wrote in my previous reply, when we pin the live page of report to dashboard, there is no option to export data of the report from the dashboard, in this case, you need to go to the report page and then export data.

However, when we pin the report to dashboard using the “Pin visual” option, we are able to export data of the report from the dashboard or directly export data in the report page.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MP_123

In order to export my data, I do have to go to the report on the services. I cannot export from the dashboard display. If you follow through the link to go to report, you can export from there. This holds true for both reports that I publish to the service as well as data sets imported to the service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

mihart
Employee
Employee

I am fairly certain that Export Data is not available when you use Publish to Web. 

Publish to Web is used to make your visual available to the world, but not make the underlying data export-able.

I'll double-check and post back here again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors