Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FrankK
Regular Visitor

error with tabular measures in powerbi.com

I have a SQL Server 2014 Tabular model connected to PBI through an enterprise gateway.

I have created a simple SUMX measure in my tabular model

SUMX(FILTER(FactVehicleCounts,RELATED(DimSalesChannel[SalesChannelDesc])="CertifiedPreOwned"),[Vehicle Counts])

I can see the measure and use the measure in Power BI Desktop. I can also publish the report succesfully.

When I go to the PBI service and I click on the report, I get an error for the visual

PBI Error.PNG

For the life of me I cannot figure out what the PBI service has an issue with. Anyone else running into this? It also happened on a calcualted column I added to my DimDate table (simple concatenation of values)

5 REPLIES 5
FrankK
Regular Visitor

Just to update, I set the measure = 1 and I still get the same results in the PBI.com site.

I also noticed that PBI.com is not even showing the measure...but I can see it in the PBI desktop app

Not sure what the reason is. Try to contact support team (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/)

Thanks

Check out Chicagoland Power BI User Group

The problem seems to have resolved itself. PowerBI.com is now seeing my new measures from the cube.

Odd...

Frank

@FrankK Was it a new measure or a measure that you changed? I've had issues where there seemed to be a delay for existing model elements being actually updated in the Service. Usually it was just a matter of giving it a little time between last process and hitting the reports right away.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

it was a new measure. I thought it was just a delay as well but I actually refreshed the report in PBI Desktop first, saw the measure, used the measure in a visual and then published the report. That typically refreshes the dataset on PBI.com right away. I went back and forth with this for over 20 minutes before I threw in the towel.

This morning I came in, hit the PBI.com site and my measure was there. Since this morning I have had no issues adding measures and the PBI.com service seeing the measure within a minute or so.

Who knows...just one of those wierd things...

frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors