Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SergeiStPete
Helper I
Helper I

email domain for Group Workspace

Hi,

We have two active domains in O365, like @contoso.onmicrosoft.com and @contoso.com. The latest one is the primary. Group workspace added from Power BI intreface creates O365 Group with onmicrosoft.com email address while we need @contoso.com address.

At the same time O365 group created from O365 admin interface has the correct (primary) domain address. Moreover, Group Workspaces cretaed from Power BI a month or maybe some more ago also received email address with primary domain.

Is it any way to change above Power BI behaviour, i.e. create the group with primary domain address?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SergeiStPete
Helper I
Helper I

Okay, that just takes time.

1) New Group Workspace initially creates Distribution list in O365 with secondary (onmicrosoft) domain address

2) In a while it transforms in O365 Group with correct (primary domain) email address

3) Some more later invitation message emailed to users

4) Waiting more finally you will see Group functionality (Conversations, etc) in Power BI workspace menu

All together takes more than an hour. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SergeiStPete
Helper I
Helper I

Okay, that just takes time.

1) New Group Workspace initially creates Distribution list in O365 with secondary (onmicrosoft) domain address

2) In a while it transforms in O365 Group with correct (primary domain) email address

3) Some more later invitation message emailed to users

4) Waiting more finally you will see Group functionality (Conversations, etc) in Power BI workspace menu

All together takes more than an hour. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors