Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mrslyfox Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

don't have any gateway installed or configured

Hello,

After creation and publishing of the new report faced with trouble of scheduled data refresh configuration:

You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new personal gateway or configure the data source for an existing data gateway. 

Report has two data sources -> MSSQL and Excel file. (I never used Excel file as a source before)

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft

Re: don't have any gateway installed or configured

Hi @mrslyfox,

Both data sources(MSSQL and Excel file) require a gateway(on-premises or personal) in order to refresh datasets on Power BI service. So you may need to install a new personal gateway or configure the data source for an existing data gateway(on-premises) in your scenario. For more details, you can refer to the following articles. Smiley Happy

On-premises data gateway

Manage your data source

Regards

mrslyfox Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: don't have any gateway installed or configured

Hello @v-ljerr-msft

For the MSSQL I have on-premisse  gw, but I do not want to refresh Excel data at PB service.

Exist a way how to disable it? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)