Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

disable app header

Hi, Is it possible to disable app header in power bi services when publishing apps from workspaces.

The app header takes up a lot of undesired space on the top screen and I find it could be distracting for the users, when consuming dashboard, reports on all the available interfaces including mobile.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked, it looks like few weeks ago they have removed the headers from the app/ workspaces.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Anonymous I'm not aware of any way to get rid of the app header, but it isn't specific to the apps, the space is used or empty on every page you go to, it just stands out because of the vibrant color in the App.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked, it looks like few weeks ago they have removed the headers from the app/ workspaces.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Seth_C_Bauer,

Thanks for your response.

I checked after reading your suggestion. If you compare a report from "My Workspace" section and then the same report from App section you will see that it take almost an inch extra space from the top. It is also bit distracting when presenting a report/dashboard to business customers from Apps. 

Also from a report/dashboard consumer perpective those information on the top is usually unnecssary not only when presenting in front of large audiences but also for self consumtion, in my opinion the top bar information should be placed somewhere else or have option to disable.

I have posted this as an Idea, I hope the design team looks into this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors