cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vaarajo Visitor
Visitor

disable Office 365 Groups / Yammer Groups

Hi all,

Can we disable Office 365 Groups / Yammer Groups from showing up on the workspace under Power BI?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: disable Office 365 Groups / Yammer Groups

@vaarajo By default, there is a hard connection between O365 groups and app workspaces in Power BI (Group Workspaces). They are working to remove the dependancy, but as of now, I am unaware of any way to "just" remove them from Power BI. If the user is part of that O365 group, then that group will show up in Power BI for them.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG MSBIWI
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @vaarajo,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution or share the solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jaykilleen Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Wow what a disaster. I was Yammer admin a few years back and we haven't used the network since. Now I have 40 - 50 groups suddenly showing in my PowerBI App Workspaces. I thought App Workspaces were different to O365 groups? Looks like they are 'pretty much the same'.

Super User
Super User

@jaykilleen Currently they are tied to O365 groups, yes. It has been communicated that MSFT is working to remove that dependency with the workspaces.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG MSBIWI
jaykilleen Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Cheers mate. Looking forward to the fix. Thanks for the update.