Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fred_el_BI
Regular Visitor

direct query powerbi pro for all user

Context: I use Azure SQL direct query with PowerBI.

1. I publish a report (from my powerBI desktop)

2. I pin my report to a dashboard

3. I share the dashboard with people in my organization

Is the following correct?

To view my dashboard the people with who I share this dashboard must have a power bi pro licence right?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Fred_el_BI That is correct. Because in this use case, you are using Direct Query.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Fred_el_BI That is correct. Because in this use case, you are using Direct Query.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks a lot for your swift reply Eno1978. Haha am a little far from SE WI (Oslo Norway). Have a great day and weekend.

@Fred_el_BI You should hook up with the "Power BI User Group Norway" if you haven't already. I know that @HansKristiansen is always looking for new members! He does a great job bringing new content, and groups are a great way to learn/network/socialize.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors