Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

electrobrit
Post Patron
Post Patron

deploying power bi premium

Our organization moved to Power BI Premium and I'm trying to create documentation for the consumers and the Pro users. I feel like there is a lack of straight-forward cohesive instructions.For the consumers, apps and workspaces, you have to say, look both places, seems so redundant. Why aren't reports published in one place? We really have to say, look in all of these places. Also, there is not much documentation for the viewer of reports. With the Premium platform, there are more viewers in our company than Pro users.  All the current documentation I have found is geared towards the Pro licensee.

For Pro licensees, so many ways to share but have to explain <this way> works for this, <this> doesn't. Example, if use TEAMS tabs to publish report, must be app workspace not APPS, so define access (add people) at the workspace level not apps, or if you want both, add recipients at both places. (again, redundant)

I have yet to find any straight-forward instrutions on how to explain all of this to the users. I have found it by trial and error. When I use a teams tab and people can't access it because I've defined my recipients in the app vs. workspace.  I found a link for how to create app workspaces but it doesn't show how to move to dedicated capacity, so I had to create that documentation for the pro users. 

Anyone know if there are any plans to make apps and workspaces a bit more stream-lined-add recipients at one place vs both places?
Also, anyone know where a great set of documentation explaining how to view reports and the multiple ways to share reports in Premium? I want to minimize questions and also save myself time but I am having to create it all.

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @electrobrit,

1. There are two places. One called My Workspace is for the owner while the one called App Workspace is an App. Please refer to #collaborate-with-coworkers-to-create-an-app.

2. >>>For Pro licensees, so many ways to share but have to explain <this way> works for this, <this> doesn't

The customers could have many scenarios. So Power BI provides this flexibility.

3. Where is the TEAMS tab?

4. The Premium offers capacities. That means the end users won't see any changes in the front-end. It will be applied by the admin. Please refer to service-admin-premium-manage#assign-a-workspace-to-a-capacity.

Other documentations related to Premium, please go to power-bi/service-premium.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors