Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davebates
Regular Visitor

dates on dashboard

help please. I cannot download the desktop version so use the browser version. I am trying to create a dashboad with one of the charts a line chart from an excel spreadsheet of £s over certain periods. In the spreadsheet the periods are month end dates date/month/year eg 31 Jan 2017. When i select the periods for the x axis they appear as month/date/year and the October period appears after the January period. The dates also carry a time format 12.00.00 AM.

How do I reformat the dates to be date/moth/year and be recognised as dates.

any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @davebates,

I'm afraid you need the Power BI Desktop. If you want the feature editing in the Service, please create an idea here.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mehaboob557
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @davebates,

Please follow the below screen shot. You will understand and you can format the date as you have many options,

date.png

If your issue reolved. Please give a like(kudo) to my answer and accept this anser as Solution accepted

Regards,

Mehbub

thanks for the reply. I am not using the Desk top version. Do you know any other way

Hi @davebates,

I'm afraid you need the Power BI Desktop. If you want the feature editing in the Service, please create an idea here.

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks

Hi @davebates,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution?

Best Regards!
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors