Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adgerr

dataset uploaded to app.powerbi.com refreshes under my ID, but other user gets Credentials Invalid

I am using Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 with an on premise sql server.  Connecting Power BI to the server via OData.  I've created a .pbix file that refreshes fine on my desktop and also when i upload it to app.powerbi.com via the gateway I've setup.  However, I have a user whose role is to manage reporting.  I have the .pbix file where it will refresh on her desktop, but via her login into app.powerbi.com, it fails.  The Gateway that i've setup for my company test "Online.  You are good to go."  But, when I try to manually refresh the dataset, i receive the Data Source Credentials error "Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid.  Please udpate your credentials and try again."  It then shows 15 or so OData errors with an x and Edit Credentials as a hyperlink.  I've tried changeing the credentials in Anonymous, Windows, Basic & Key.  I've tried all versions of super user.  I've mimicked the exact same setup as my credentials that work.  Help!

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @adgerr,

If I understand your scenario correctly that you create a report with OData connector and publish it to app workspace in Power BI Service.  The problem is that your user refresh the  report in Power BI serivce with her account, it will throw an error?

Please let me know the detail information below.

Could you refresh the report in Power BI Service with your Power BI account successfully?

Is the user in your app workspace or you share the pbix to her and she publish the report to her app work space?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply. We have 1 pbix report that we've developed.  When I publish it to my app.powerbi.com it will refresh without problems.  If we take the same report and publish it to my partner's app.powerbi.com it will not refresh.  The error is a credentials error in her account.  I have made her settings the same as my settings.  The error message is as follows:

Data source error: Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh.

Additionally, the gateway test fine for her connection.

thank you for any guidance.

adger

Hi @adgerr,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @adgerr

Thank you for your reply. We have 1 pbix report that we've developed.  When I publish it to my app.powerbi.com it will refresh without problems.  If we take the same report and publish it to my partner's app.powerbi.com it will not refresh.  The error is a credentials error in her account.  I have made her settings the same as my settings.  The error message is as follows:

Data source error: Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh.

Additionally, the gateway test fine for her connection.

If I understand your scenario correctly that you share the pbix  file to your user and she open it in her Power BI Desktop and then publish the report to her app.powerbi.com? 

If it is, so the problem is that whats the crendential when your user open the pbix file in her Power BI Desktop?

We should keep the credential you connect the data source in power bi desktop and the credential when you add the data source to gateway to be the same.

In addition, you could try to add your partner's account under Users when you add data source to the gateway.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors