Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shuaho
Frequent Visitor

dataset refresh failed

Got below error when do  refresh 

Details Type Start End Status Message
Hide On demand 10/25/2018, 7:09:01 PM 10/25/2018, 7:09:01 PM Failed Scheduled refresh has been disabled.
Data source error: Scheduled refresh has been disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. For refresh to succeed, you must provide credentials for all data sources. Please enter the data source credentials on the dataset settings page and then reactivate scheduled refresh.
Cluster URI: WABI-CANADA-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: beb6f600-7d62-4776-a3b0-a85c2667ce60
Request ID: e3b456cd-296a-22d5-ea94-8eaa815f759e
Time: 2018-10-26 02:09:01Z

The dataset was created by pull data from a restful api using M language. 

let
    url="http://api.....com/api/1.0/authentication",
    body = "{
              ""userName"":""ABC"", 
              ""password"":""123"" 
            }",

jsonResult = Json.Document(Web.Contents(url,[Headers =[#"Content-Type"="application/json"],Content = Text.ToBinary(body) , Timeout=#duration(0,2,0,0)])), 
    token = jsonResult[accessToken], 
    location_url = "http://api.....com/api/1.0/sites",
    locationJsonResult = Json.Document(Web.Contents(location_url,[Headers =[#"accessToken"=token], Timeout=#duration(0,2,0,0)]))

in
    locationJsonResult

how do I do to make the refresh happen?

Thank you very much!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shuaho  If M has to 'fetch' data from a source, you need to supply some form of credentials, unless you can use anomyous.  Have you tried that option?

View solution in original post

@Anonymous  thanks for replying.   Yes,  I need to set it as 'anonymous' credentials.  And set a 'GET' request reachable endpoint to make the refresh job work.  

Thanks !

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In your Power BI Service, inside the workspace that houses this report, go into the "Settings" area and look for the Datasets section.  On this list should be your dataset for the report you are having trouble with.  Click on that report and look for a section on the right called "Data Source Credentials".  Check that each data source as I would suspect some will have a Cross in a circle and tell you that the credentials have failed.

Hey @Anonymous,

Any idea what to do if you can't access that section of the settings? (Data Source Credentials)
PBI Data Source Cred.PNG

thanks @Anonymous

yes there are 3 yellow ciccles saying credential issues.

But when I try to set credentials, there are only 'anonymous, windows and basic' 3 ways
. None of them meets with our case.
I would expect the refresh job run the M script that generates the dataset, so the script will automatically get authentcated itself and fetch data.

Is it possible?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shuaho  If M has to 'fetch' data from a source, you need to supply some form of credentials, unless you can use anomyous.  Have you tried that option?

I am having similar issue, but I believe mine is because I have used an excel file as one of my queries along with querys from OData feed.  Am I still able to schedule a refresh on a report that has multiple types of queries in it?  Thanks.

@Anonymous  thanks for replying.   Yes,  I need to set it as 'anonymous' credentials.  And set a 'GET' request reachable endpoint to make the refresh job work.  

Thanks !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors