Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RootATOM
Employee
Employee

dataset doesn't update when refresh

Hello!

I have published the powerBI from desktop to online. And the data type is " import data" from kusto db. I set schedule refreshing on it but it refuses to work. I also tried click refresh on the webpage, it doesn't work either. I didn't see any changes on the chart and table.

But if I refresh it on Desktop and republish it, the online Power Bi update successfully.

I really need some solution to avoid republishing it every day!

other information:

1. I don't set gateway. it said : you don't need a gateway for this dataset, because all of the datasouce are in the cloud.

2. I checked the refresh history, all the scheduled refresh are COMPLETED. But still not work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@RootATOM 

Can you please share the below details.

1. Data Source - Kusto DB

2. Connectivity Mode - Import

3. Authentication Mode - (i guess Microsoft Account, please confirm us.)

4. Privacy Level - (Orgnizational)

As i refer that the link, Kusto is not rquired the Gateway to refresh the dataset.

Path:- Goto workspace >> select the Dataset >> Settings >> Data Source Credentials >> "Edit Credentials" >> Try to use the right credentials, that should be the same in Desktop and Service (Authentication, Privacy Level).

Please try to re-pro the issue with the above suggested steps.

If you have any concerns, please let us know.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

BR

venal.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you find an answer for this problem ? 
I'm facing with same issue...

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@RootATOM 

Can you please share the below details.

3. Authentication Mode - (i guess Microsoft Account, please confirm us.)

As i refer that the link, Kusto is not rquired the Gateway to refresh the dataset.

Path:- Goto workspace >> select the Dataset >> Settings >> Data Source Credentials >> "Edit Credentials" >> Try to use the right credentials, that should be the same in Desktop and Service (Authentication, Privacy Level).

Please try to re-pro the issue with the above suggested steps.

If you have any concerns, please let us know.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

BR

venal.

Thanks for your information!

I have checked the details on service.

3. Authentication Mode - OAuth2 (and there is no other option)

and the information on Desktop

Azure Data Explorer(Kusto)

Credentials: Type:Organization account (When I click Edit button, it shows that "you are already signed in". I signed it with my AAD account)

Privacy level: None

I am not sure I have provided useful details to you. LMK if there's other information I could post.

So what should I do? which one shuould be modified? 

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RootATOM 

Could you please kindly confirm are you able to manually refresh the dataset in Power BI Service? Have you turn on 'cache scheduler refresh' feature on service side? If this is a case, it will get data from cached dataset instead load data from database every time.

Data refresh in Power BI

If not help, I'd suggest you raise it to the support team for better advice:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
quickly.

Thanks @v-diye-msft  for your prompt reply!!

I have tried to click the "refresh" button on the top to trigger it, it shows "completed" without any updates on the chart and table.

I didn't see any cache scheduler refresh setting in my setting page.  Maybe it is because my query mode is "import data"?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors