Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emveha
Resolver III
Resolver III

datarefresh in Power bi web alters the visuals in my report

hi 

Created a dataset in the desktop version and when i deploy this to the web, automatically a refresh of my data is started. As soon as this refresh is completed i do a refresh of the page and all kind of visuals turn to  blank, as in my desktop version there is no blank (even not after refreshing the data)! When i add a new field to an existing web visual i see strange things. F.e. i have a field "YTD selection" (YTD, MTD, YTD_complete Month etc) which i added to one of my visuals in the web version. But it is presenting me totally different data as in the desktop version. In the web i can only see Full Year and Last Day as in the desktop i can see YTD, MTD, YTD_complete month, Full Year, Last Day, QTD, YTD last month.... Tried different web browsers to see whether this could have impact on the presentation but unfortunately all webbrowsers had the same issue.

Till now, the only solution is to refresh the dataset in the desktop version and then deploy it to the web. But as soon as a users clicks on the refresh button the issue is back again. 

Any ideas what causes these inconsistency in the data and, even more important, what can be done to solve this???

thanks

M

4 REPLIES 4

@emveha Almost sounds like a bookmark state is set as the default and any refresh is reverting back to the bookmark. Are you using any bookmarks?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer

thanks for swift response, already checked that option within desktop as well as web, but there is no bookmarks. To be honest, i am now working for more than 1,5 year with PBI and i have never seen this strange issue.....

Hope you have other options as well...

thnx

M

@emveha Ok, several other options that I've encountered that baffled me for a bit. One, I had changed the name of a report in the Service, so when I republished the report it created a new dataset and a new report. - long story short check your links from the report if you think you might have this.

Alternatively, do you use RLS with this report? Are you an admin of the workspace or a member? I believe the RLS component works for all/members that are part of a workspace now instead of just those it is shared with.

Another random check would be to ensure your gateway is up to date to make sure its pulling the data correctly...

And as a last result delete and re-deploy the report... but that is going to cause you to re-share etc, and would be a headache. You would have to weigh the pro's and con's vs. that or opening a support ticket.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer 

have tried several options, deleted the report from services republished report, created report in service as well as in desktop.... Nothing worked, there is no RLS in the report and checked the gateway several times because that was my first thought when this issue popped up. 

Anyway, i think i will open a ticket for this....

thnx for your help, appreciate it!

M

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors