Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

anselmojg
Advocate II
Advocate II

dataflows with linked entities failing to refresh

Early today, all dataflows that have entities LOADED that are either linked from other dataflows or created within the same dataflow are failing to refresh with an error stating this: "Error: The credentials provided for the PowerBI source are invalid. (Source at PowerBIInternal.)....."

Switching off the 'Enalble Load' setting in the linked entities is allowing the dataflow to refresh the other entities linked in the dataflow, but that is somehow defying the purpose of linked entities....

We have a case open with Microsfot and hope to get a solution soon...

Is anyone else seeing the same issue?

5 REPLIES 5
ktbarr3125
Frequent Visitor

Link to different thread, same issue, only solution I have found: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Errors-while-refreshing-dataflow/m-p/1378285/highlight/true...

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

This does seem odd and I would following up with Microsoft support who will be able to assist

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Yes... it is really odd... We had a session with Microsoft and shared the issue with them... We were able to reproduce the issue in a consistent way: dataflows with "loaded" entities that are linked from another dataflow or even within the same dataflow simply fail to refresh since early today.. Switch off the 'enable load' setting for those linked entities and the dataflow refreshes the rest of the entities which are not linked anywhere else... Agreed... really strange!

Here is a simple example to show the issue with two entities within the same dataflow:

• Query 1 = one column
  • Query 2 = Query 1 + one added column

anselmojg_0-1600298560830.png

Case 1: both entites are loaded -> refresh fails!

anselmojg_1-1600298624096.png

anselmojg_2-1600298693724.png

Case 2: the first entity is not loaded.. The dataflow refreshes ok (loads the second entity)

anselmojg_3-1600298787979.png

anselmojg_5-1600298819417.png

anselmojg_6-1600298895859.png

Hi,

I have the same issue as well today. My dataflow has been running fine before, but today i have this error :

The credentials provided for the PowerBI source are invalid. Error: The credentials provided for the PowerBI source are invalid. (Source at PowerBIInternal.).. RootActivityId = 1ae632aa-33cc-47a8-a269-6940ff6bbd13.Param1 = The credentials provided for the PowerBI source are invalid. (Source at PowerBIInternal.) Request ID: a44d8332-8c35-6cb9-faa9-411de1afc46e.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors