Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

genegc
Employee
Employee

dataflow storage setting reverts on save

I have my dataflow storage successfully connected (following the steps described here ).

genegc_2-1597267702493.png

I created a workspace with the Dataflow storage option on, and created a dataflow that refreshed successfully, but nothing was written to the data lake.

When I look at the settings for the workspace, in the Azure connections tab I see that the Dataflow storage option is off:

genegc_1-1597267480322.png

I can turn it back on and save the change, but when I go back to verify the change I find that it has changed back again.

So I created another workspace and I notice the same behavior even without any dataflows in the workspace.

What can I do to debug this? I'm not getting any error messages, and I have my storage account connected, but I can't get the setting in the workspace to stay set to the dataflow storage option.

6 REPLIES 6
rajukuma
Employee
Employee

@genegc  did you found any solution for this, I ran into the same issue today.  Another tenant on which i tested the same functionality couple of weeks ago worked. 

I still get the same behaviour and no work-around found.

I also had a tenant built a few weeks ago that worked all OK.

Regards

Darryl

adminyahoo

Seeing the same behaviour...

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @genegc,

Since this is a preview feature so that it is hard to clarify if it is a bug or 'by design' features. I'd like to suggest you open a ticket to power bi to confirm these scenarios.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
genegc
Employee
Employee

Apparently I'm seeing the same issue as mentioned here: 

Dataflow Storage activation for workspaces is not saved 

I'm seeing the same behaviour as well.

This all worked fine in another tenant a few weeks ago.

Regards

Darryl

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors