Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

DrewskyJones
Regular Visitor

dataflow linked entities

I get the following error when trying to create and save a linked entyity in PBI data flows.  I am trying to create a linked entitiy from a regular entity in the same dataflow.  The creation seems to work fine, but when I hit save, I get the error below.

----Begin Error Message---- 

Something went wrong

Unable to save the dataflow.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID737ad54d-6676-4597-bea5-40e6785136aa
Request IDbf44ff05-77ea-9ce7-fbe9-879f83272a9f
Correlation ID16fdc5ea-2b74-ad5c-c62f-396b4308129d
Status code500
TimeWed Nov 28 2018 14:35:05 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
Version13.0.7382.168
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-us-east2-redirect.analysis.windows.net

----End Error MEssage ----

Notes:  The primary use case is for a model that will have several date dimensions, but the source only has one date table. I also have othe ruse cases mostly invlving role playing dimensions.

3 REPLIES 3
Yechiel
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, logs are not stored that long (the error occured in November). Is it still reproducible?

However, accroding to your description, you are attempting to link to between a dataflow to itself, which is considered as a circular dependency and therefor not allowed.

The error message reflecting this needs to be updated.

Thanks,

Yechiel

PhilC
Resolver I
Resolver I

Following as I have the same issue.  Have created a ticket.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @DrewskyJones

I have tested on my side, but not reproduce the issue.

You may try to submit a support ticket in Power BI Support to get further help.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors