Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

data source information is not found in Power BI service..

Hi Team,

I have Analysis Services Tabular model Connected to Azure data set deployed to PowerBI Service as Dataset, When i deploy metadata it successfully deployed and then when we try to process the cube deployed under PowerBI Services -> Workspace -> Data set or Connecting Via SSMS then right click Process Full/Process Default ,i am getting below error message. Can anyone help me please ?

COM error: Microsoft.SQL.Server, An unexpected internal error happened while obtaining the credentials for the data source '<pii>{"protocol":"tds","address":{"server":".DATABASE.WINDOWS.NET","database":""},"authentication":null,"query":null}</pii>': data source information is not found in Power BI service..

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: '{"error":{"code":"DMTS_DatasourceHasNoCredentialError","pbi.error":{"code":"DMTS_DatasourceHasNoCredentialError","details":[{"code":"Server","detail":{"type":1,"value":"azwpXXX.database.windows.net"}},{"code":"Database","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataBase"}},{"code":"ConnectionType","detail":{"type":0,"value":"Sql"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}

Technical Details:
RootActivityId: 72d5b2a4-7a44-461d-9b47-11d825be8a3a
Date (UTC): 6/9/2020 1:09:51 AM
'.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenIngutia
Frequent Visitor

Failed to update data source credentials: AnalysisServices: Either the database '[ccon]again_sales_data[/ccon]' does not exist, or you do not have permissions to access it. Technical Details: RootActivityId: 5cad9b27-71af-4e95-a398-d0f066bd0ffc Date (UTC): 3/5/2023 5:53:13 AMHide details

Activity ID:e9744b96-7b41-42db-b333-ec95f6333b93
Request ID:33f70e21-7e1b-2d8f-27b9-d567c14df404
Status code:400
Time:Sun Mar 05 2023 08:53:13 GMT+0300 (East Africa Time)
Service version:13.0.20195.63
Client version:2302.4.12605-train
Cluster URI:https://wabi-south-africa-north-a-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Any help I will appreciate

Hi there - I encountered the same issue, and it took me a while to work it out (but it's obvious once it's understood). Power BI doesn't send the credentials across when publishing, so once published, go to the data source settings and re-enter the credentials.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing exactly the same issue. Any luck ?

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I really can't reproduce your issue .If you have Pro account I suggest you  try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors