Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cmatsumoto
Regular Visitor

data source error

My data source is housed in SharePoint, so it should refresh automatically every hour, however, I keep getting the following error message when I try to refresh my data. A pop-up window will show up and claim that the authentication method is "anonymous" and when I try to change it to windows nothing happens and the error message won't go away. I am not sure how to fix this.

Data source errorScheduled refresh has been disabled due to at least one data source not having credentials provided. Please provide credentials for all data sources, and then turn scheduled refresh back on.
Cluster URIWABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity IDcda75a99-6c4f-47b9-b261-32e875b3201d
Request IDdc127fee-5f76-aa5e-9e4d-9e29f01d29da
Time2018-09-14 14:47:50Z
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @cmatsumoto,

Based on your error message, it seems that you may not provide all the credentials for your data source, please have a check and provide the correct credentials.

In addtion, what is your data source in SharePoint and what SharePoint connector do you use?

Besides, you could try to use OAuth2 Authentication method.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kdelosh
Frequent Visitor

I have a data source that comes from a Power Pivot spreadsheet stored on One Drive for Business.  Occasionally the Power BI service gives me a data source error message like the following one below:

Something went wrong
Scheduled refresh has been disabled.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Data source error: Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh.
Cluster URI: WABI-AUSTRALIA-SOUTHEAST-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 507d8e8e-a31a-4cc2-ba45-0f602222afa3
Request ID: 24370fd5-4bfd-a76a-e0ed-a393ee51160c
Time: 2019-01-08 06:16:06Z

To correct for this problem I usually open a new chrome window using incognito mode, this causes the power bi service to prompt me for my userid and password which then allows me to update my dataset.  However, as of today this has stopped working for me. 

Does anybody have any other ideas?

Note my Power Pivot file is the only data source that I have, and as I stated earlier the file is saved in my OneDrive for Business folder.  As such, I do not require the use of a gateway to refresh my dataset.

cmatsumoto
Regular Visitor

My data source is housed in SharePoint in an excel file, so I thought it should update automatically. However, I keep getting the following error. A window will pop up that shows my authentication method is "anonymous" and when I try to switch it to Windows, nothing happens and the window won't go away.

Data source errorScheduled refresh has been disabled due to at least one data source not having credentials provided. Please provide credentials for all data sources, and then turn scheduled refresh back on.
Cluster URIWABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity IDcda75a99-6c4f-47b9-b261-32e875b3201d
Request IDdc127fee-5f76-aa5e-9e4d-9e29f01d29da
Time2018-09-14 14:47:50Z
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @cmatsumoto,

Based on your error message, it seems that you may not provide all the credentials for your data source, please have a check and provide the correct credentials.

In addtion, what is your data source in SharePoint and what SharePoint connector do you use?

Besides, you could try to use OAuth2 Authentication method.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, the OAuth2 authentication method worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors