Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

michael95677
Helper III
Helper III

data gateway lost connectivity won't refresh

Our data gateway shows its online but it won't refresh. Not sure if there is some other place to restart the service. This is installed on a term server so the server it points to is a remote term server I access. However, they are in a cluster of sorts, meaning I could get sent to either one of two term servers. I notice when I click the i and it shows me the device that the gateway is linked to, it is not the server I'm on now. I thought this was working before regardless of the term server I logged into but maybe not. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. 

Error: 

Power BI may have lost connectivity with the data gateway during this dataset refresh. Please make sure that the data gateway is up and running for the next scheduled refresh.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @michael95677 

What I would do is log into each of the data gateways, install the latest version.

Then once the installation is complete I would then log into the On-Premise Gateway on the server to make sure it shows it is successfully connected.

here is an example of what mine looks like below.

GilbertQ_0-1660168480878.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

Spot on. I installed newest version and all of a sudden it works. 🙂 Thank you

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @michael95677 

What I would do is log into each of the data gateways, install the latest version.

Then once the installation is complete I would then log into the On-Premise Gateway on the server to make sure it shows it is successfully connected.

here is an example of what mine looks like below.

GilbertQ_0-1660168480878.png

Power BI Blog

Spot on. I installed newest version and all of a sudden it works. 🙂 Thank you

Awesome thanks for letting us know!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors