Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ElsD
Advocate I
Advocate I

dashoard invitation expired

Hi

If you share a dashboard with a colleague, when does it expire?

After 1,2,3 months?

br

Els

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ElsD,

If you are the owner of the dashboard, you share the dashboard to others, there is no expiration date for dashboard. While recipients(assume you allow recipients to share your dashboard.) want to reshare the dashboard to others, the invitation expires after one month as the blog said.

To let your coworkers share your dashboard with others, check Allow recipients to share your dashboard.

Allowing others to share is called resharing. If you let them, they can reshare from the Power BI service and the mobile apps, or forward the email invitation to others in your organization. The invitation expires after one month. People outside your organization can't reshare. As the owner of the dashboard, you can turn off resharing, or revoke resharing on an individual basis See Stop sharing a dashboard or stop others from sharing, below.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @ElsD

I am not 100% sure, but you could go into the Sharing on your Dashboard, then click on Access and it should show you who has viewed the dashboard (Their status will be set to "Can View") whilst the people who have never accessed the share for the dashboard will have the status of "Cancel Invite"

Which if you click "Cancel Invite" you can simply share it with them again if required.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I'm not asking for an action.

I just want to know how  long it takes for the invitation to expire.

Hi @ElsD,

If you are the owner of the dashboard, you share the dashboard to others, there is no expiration date for dashboard. While recipients(assume you allow recipients to share your dashboard.) want to reshare the dashboard to others, the invitation expires after one month as the blog said.

To let your coworkers share your dashboard with others, check Allow recipients to share your dashboard.

Allowing others to share is called resharing. If you let them, they can reshare from the Power BI service and the mobile apps, or forward the email invitation to others in your organization. The invitation expires after one month. People outside your organization can't reshare. As the owner of the dashboard, you can turn off resharing, or revoke resharing on an individual basis See Stop sharing a dashboard or stop others from sharing, below.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors