Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MP_123
Employee
Employee

dashboard's slicer

hi,

i created a dashboard using two reports.

i took one slicer from one of the reports but when select something, it doesnt affect the tiles in the dashboard, what's the point?

how can i change it?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi MP_123,

Currently, in Power BI service, you can only pin entire report page which contains slicer to your dashboard by selecting Pin Live Page in the top navigation bar. This way, you can use the slicer to filter the chart within the tile. For more details, please check the following blog.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-weekly-service-update-1210/

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
vishal0soni
Advocate III
Advocate III

In Dashboards, the Q&A feature should be used, as it provides much better experience than slicers. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I disagree. 

I'd much rather see a filter with clickable option than a blank query box and try to guess at how I might be able to filter a report via writing text.  

The basic problem we have here is that we can add components, but not the slicers to filter them. Or we can add a live page view which is the same view as the base report. What we don't have is a way to add a subset of visualizations with filters. 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi MP_123,

Currently, in Power BI service, you can only pin entire report page which contains slicer to your dashboard by selecting Pin Live Page in the top navigation bar. This way, you can use the slicer to filter the chart within the tile. For more details, please check the following blog.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-weekly-service-update-1210/

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
wonga
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@MP_123,

Dashboards are supposed to provide a general overview of the content one would like to see. If you wanted to get into further detail you would click on a particular visual which then leads you to the origin of that visual.

Slicers are meant to be fully interactive in the report view, not the dashboard view.

Hi @wonga,

thanks for the response, however, often users are not interested in the details and would simply take a brief / fast look on certain attriutes. Then a slicer in the dashboard, working on the whole dashboard, would minimize the time significantly and allow the user to establish the needed view quite faster. Is there a current solution to that issue? I understand that users would spend more time on the source/ report view, but sometimes you only need a figure or very concrete view.

Thanks, Atanas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors