Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dashboard pinning a report vs pinning a visualization

1. I would like to pin a card visualization from a report into a dashboard. If I understand correctly in such case, I wont get a live connection. Is it possible to set a live connection when only a visualization from a report is pinned?
  2. To work around that I created a report with just that card visualization and pinned it to the dashboard.
    1. But then for that card I dont get font size more than 30. So my text is relatively small.
    2. Other problem is that in such case, users cannot click anywhere on the pinned tile to open the report. Users have to click 3 dots in right top and click on "go to report".
    3. Moreover, we cannot set a custom link to another report and make a report open in a new page. 
      1. Untitled.jpg

Could anyone confirm above and suggest a work around? 

6 REPLIES 6
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I know that you can pin any tile to a dashboard, even with LiveConnection.

You will need to configure the Scheduled Cache Refresh as to how often the dashboard tiles will be refreshed.

In terms of the size of the text, you would need to use a Visualization to make the text larger when it is pinned to the dashboard.

And finally if you set it as you have done, it should then open in a new window. It does for me.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled Cache Refresh  is set for every 15 minutes and till the tile didnt refresh...could you check the same? thank you

Hi there

It should refresh, sometimes you might have to reload the page or click on the Refresh Dashboard tiles to see the changes.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you check and let me know? i refreshed the dashboard by clicking "refresh visual" icon at top left but nothing happened. Also it has been more than 12 hours and nothing has refreshed. SO I dont think that refresh is working

Hi there

I know that the dashboard tile refresh does work

Can you confirm that the scheduled cache refresh was successful?

And also that your underlying data source has also been updated?

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

i checked, the tile on the dashboard didnt change even though the underlying dashboard from where the card visualization was pinned  and the data in the database changed. ALso the scheduled cache refresh was successful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors