Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Arnoh
Helper III
Helper III

custum visual html content viewer embed youtube video

Hi,

I am looking for a way to embed a youtube video inside my report by using the html content custum visual.

html video  = 
"<iframe width=100% height=100%
src=https://www.youtube.com/embed/video frameborder=0
allowfullscreen></iframe>"

Where video is to be replaced with the selected video. 

I can't get it working. 

Thanx for any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Yuna,

I got an update from Daniel Marsh-Patrick (thanx Daniel)

CORS & Other Known Limitations | HTML Content - Custom Visual for Power BI (html-content.com)

So it's not possible.

Greetings

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arnoh ,

Thanks for you sharing. 😉Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arnoh ,

Currently, you can try to add YouTube or Vimeo video tile to dashboard on Power BI Service but not Power BI Desktop.

Please refer to this blog.

Add image, text, video, and more to your dashboard .

For the demand that add videos ,I think it is not supported to achieve this feature in Power BI Desktop currently. 

I found a case similar to yours. Maybe it can help you.

How to Embed Videos in Power BI - YouTube

How to Create, Host and Embed Videos in Power BI — DiscoverEI

You can download previous version of HTML Viewer from: https://devinknightsql.com/2017/10/09/power-bi-custom-visuals-class-module-72-html-viewer/. Then import it to power bi desktop.

But they use their own Vimeo videos to achieve this rather than Youtube so I'm doubt if it can work with YouTube videos.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuna,

I got an update from Daniel Marsh-Patrick (thanx Daniel)

CORS & Other Known Limitations | HTML Content - Custom Visual for Power BI (html-content.com)

So it's not possible.

Greetings

Hi Yuna,

Thanx for the information. 
I want to use the videos's in the power bi Service. I understand reading the comments they dit not find out a way yet to play then youtube video's. 

I keep looking for someone or perhaps an update for the visual to be able to play the youtube videos

Greetings

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors