Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chawalit
Helper I
Helper I

custom visuals not work when publish to web?

I have to used the custom visuals on Power BI Desktop and publish to Power BI Service it work ok.

But when I have to publish to web and copy the embed code to open on new IE(or Chrome) the custom visuals it not work.

Anyone know how to solve this issue.

Thanks for advance.

12 REPLIES 12
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi chawalit,

I am not able to reproduce your issue. Which type of custom visual and what data source are you using? Could you please share me the pbix file so that I can test it?

In addition, republish the pbix file as other post, clear cache in your browser and check if the custom visual works as expected.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft, i used the custom visual name "SparkLine". I had to to rebublish the pbix many times and clear cache and try to used the other browser it same problem. But for the other custom visual it work normaly, i think it bug on that custom vistual "SparkLine". Try this my Power BI embed code

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYWI4NWQ2MDctYTQ0Yy00YmQxLThmODQtNTIyZjcwYmY3NDRkIiwidCI6IjBmN...

Thanks for advanced.

Hi @chawalit,

When I open the above link, I encounter the same issue as yours. However, when I create a SparkLine visual using my source data and publish the report to web, everything works as expected. What is the data source do you use for the visual and what type of fields you put in the visual?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

i had to test another report and publish it work ok. i don't know what happen with this data.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Make sure your source file is using the latest version of  the desktop software. Once you publish, refresh the page. I have had this issue in the past when I wasn't using the latest version of the desktop.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

hi @kcantor, my Power BI Desktop Version: 2.35.4399.381 64-bit (May 2016). I think it latest version of the desktop.

Tishchenko
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@chawalit No, latest PowerBiI Desktop ver is 2.35.4399.601 (6/8/2016)

Thanks @Tishchenko, for verison 2.35.4399.381 when i have click to next page and click back to this page the custom visualize it work. And when i have to update to version 2.35.4399.601 the problem also same on version 2.35.4399.381. Don't work for the first time just work on click to other page and back to page again.

Thanks for advance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! @chawalit 
I believed @kcantor refers to the visual's latest version. I had the same problem and once I updated the custom visual on my desktop and republish the problem was solved.

P.S: To update a custom visual you just have to look for it in the store and download it again

Cheers!

DAN
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi chawalit,

What's the error message? For me it works perfectly!

Thanks,

hi @Dan, it dont' show any error. i have to capture the screen from Power BI Service and the Power BI from embed code to run on chrome as below:

Service.pngweb.pngThanks for advance.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@chawalit i can't reproduce your issue as i just tested out custom visual with publish to web. try embed code in different browsers and also delete and republish. if it still doesn't work then contact Microsoft support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors