Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lgroger
Advocate I
Advocate I

custom usage metrics data relationship

I followed these instrucions to create a custom dashboard to view usage metrics on all reports.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-usage-metrics#see-all-workspace-usage-metrics

The tables seem self-explanatory except I can't figure out how the Users get matched to the Views.  It seems like there should be a UserGuid field in Views but there isn't.  All of the visuals with User information matched to the Views table seems extremely slow to update when a filter is changed.  Also, it seems like the count of any field in Views should match the measure ViewsCount but ViewsCount is always higher.

I'd like to fully understand the data so I can make a meaningful dashboard and answer any questions our users may have.  Can anyone explain how the tables are linked together and how the measures are calculated?

Also, there's no way to export this to Power BI Desktop, correct?

Annotation 2019-12-03 134220.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lgroger ,

We can connect it in Power BI Desktop and create measure with LiveConnect Mode Based on this document.

18.PNG19.PNG

You can find the hidden UserGUID column in View Table when you create measure in Power BI Desktop.

21.PNG22.PNG23.PNG24.PNG25.PNG26.PNG27.PNG

Views has relationship with 'Users' by UserGuid Column and relationship with 'Reports' with ReportGuid Column.

The result of measure ViewsCount is as same as the sum of  'Views'[GranularViewsCount], each row in Views table contain user view how much Granular Views in which page of special report

29.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lgroger ,

We can connect it in Power BI Desktop and create measure with LiveConnect Mode Based on this document.

18.PNG19.PNG

You can find the hidden UserGUID column in View Table when you create measure in Power BI Desktop.

21.PNG22.PNG23.PNG24.PNG25.PNG26.PNG27.PNG

Views has relationship with 'Users' by UserGuid Column and relationship with 'Reports' with ReportGuid Column.

The result of measure ViewsCount is as same as the sum of  'Views'[GranularViewsCount], each row in Views table contain user view how much Granular Views in which page of special report

29.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors