Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bri3838
Regular Visitor

custom theme not exporting to power point

When exporting to powerpoint from powerbi.com, custom theme colors are not carried over. Instead, the default power bi colors are used. Desktop was used to build the original report. Only colors that are set as default colors are affected by this issue. If colors are manually changed, they remain the same.

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bri3838,

Based on my test, custom theme can be imported to the PowerPoint. The .Jason is attached, you can download and test in your service.

q3.PNGq4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello everyone,

@v-qiuyu-msft I have similar  issue as @Bri3838. Thing is I use custom .json with our company colors. Your example use Waveform.json which Power BI provides with Theme funcionality. Cant issue be here?

For more - I found that export of KPI visual to .ppt doesnt show Goal and Distance which should be displayed under Value. 

Best,

Jiri

I have similar issue.  I have a custom theme based on my companies branded colors.  I use the them in the service but when I export to Power Point they default back to standard PBI colors.  Will this be updated soon or is there something I can do to maintain the theme? 

Thanks,

EB

Hey @ebelen,

at first, I "solved" this problem by manual re-coloring all visuals... But when I realize how many things are bugged with .ppt exports (native KPI visual, unsupported custom visuals, fuzzy images), we started using windows cutting aplication and manually creating our .ppt...

Best,

Jiri

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors