Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chriswalz
Regular Visitor

custom R visual runtime error (access denied to local url)

Hi,

I have created a custom Power BI visual using this http://radacad.com/interactive-map-using-r-and-power-bi-create-custom-visual-part-1 tutorial. I'm using Plotly to create a interactive chart in this visual.

I can use this custom visual without any problems in power BI desktop, but when I publish it to powerbi.com, I receive the following error "script runtime error":

Error in shell.exec(url) : access to 'C:\Users\Client\Temp\RtmpOsE2VBviewhtml1c717b3ce9/index.html' denied

Does anybody have an idea what's causing this error?

The following R code has been used to create the visual:

source('./r_files/flatten_HTML.r')

############### Library Declarations ###############library(ggplot2)library(plotly)library(lubridate)
####################################################

################### Actual code ####################x <- data.frame(as.POSIXct(substr(Values$SendLocalTime,0,19),format = "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S"), as.numeric(as.character(sub(",", ".", Values$AvgBeltTemperature, fixed = TRUE))))colnames(x) <- c("Date", "Value")x <- data.frame(as.POSIXct(substr(Values$SendLocalTime,0,19),format = "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S"), 
                as.numeric(as.character(sub(",", ".", Values$AvgBeltTemperature, fixed = TRUE))),                as.numeric(as.character(sub(",", ".", Values$MinBeltTemperature, fixed = TRUE))),                as.numeric(as.character(sub(",", ".", Values$MaxBeltTemperature, fixed = TRUE))))colnames(x) <- c("Date", "Average","Minimum", "Maximum")

#Labels for axisf <- list(  family = "Arial, monospace",  size = 16,  color = "#7f7f7f"
)label_x <- list(  title = "Date",  titlefont = f)label_y <- list(  title = "Temperate (Celsius)",  titlefont = f)g<-plot_ly(x= ~x$Date, y = ~x$Average, type = 'scatter', name="Average", mode='markers') %>%  add_trace(x= ~x$Date, y = ~x$Minimum, name = 'Minimum', mode = 'markers') %>%  add_trace(x= ~x$Date, y = ~x$Maximum, name = 'Maximum', mode = 'markers') %>%  layout(title = "Temperature", xaxis = label_x, yaxis = label_y)

(gg <- ggplotly(g))internalSaveWidget(gg, 'out.html');
####################################################
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've received the solution from Microsoft support that worked for me.

Simply remove the plot_ly conversion in the end:

(gg <- ggplotly(g))

and use 'g' as input for internalsavewidget because 'g' is already a plot_ly object.

Not sure why this leads to an error in PowerBI service because converting a plot_ly object to a plot_ly object shouldn't be a issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gomezepor

I experienced same issue. 

Does any one know the solution?

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi chriswalz,

I am having the same problem and the suggestion marked as the solution below does not work for me.

Did you have your problem fixed?

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @chriswalz,

In your statement, you use source('./r_files/flatten_HTML.r') to cite other R statement, please use the detailed R in the .r file statement to replace the "source('./r_files/flatten_HTML.r')", and check if it works fine. And please follow this blog to check if there is unsupported packages in your .r file.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

thanks for your response - unfortunately they didn't solve this issue. Still getting the access denied runtime error. I also checked the packages but all packages i'm using are on the list of supported packages.

Best regards,

Chris

Thank you

I've received the solution from Microsoft support that worked for me.

Simply remove the plot_ly conversion in the end:

(gg <- ggplotly(g))

and use 'g' as input for internalsavewidget because 'g' is already a plot_ly object.

Not sure why this leads to an error in PowerBI service because converting a plot_ly object to a plot_ly object shouldn't be a issue.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors