Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mukul_jain
Frequent Visitor

current month dates in Date Slicer

Hi All,

I have a date slicer in my report and the filter for this visual is set to relative date 'is in this - Month'. When I initially published the report, it was working and it showed the dates as 11/1/2019 - 11/30/2019. this is also explained in the post https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/dynamic-current-month-dates-in-slicer/m-p/794411#M382414

However, when the month changed to December, the slicer dates change for two months: 11/1/2019 - 12/31/2019. Although, if I open the filter the relative date range is still showing the correct dates, the actuals dates on the slicer are still incorrect. I even tried refreshing the report but still doesn't work and I have to manually update the start date. Refer to the below snapshot from the report:

image.png

Any insight in this regard would be a great help! thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Icey ,

Unfortunately, this is not working for me even with the desktop service. 

bandicam_2019-12-04_11-11-07-142.gif

Seems like a glitch in this particular file. I created a new file from scratch and replicated the steps, but the issue is not re-occurring. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mukul_jain ,

I have tested on Power BI Desktop, and it works well. I can't test it in Power BI Service. Maybe you could try it again.

time.gif

Or, you can create a new table like below and create relationship among your tables. And use this column as a date slicer.

Table 2 = 
CALENDAR (
    DATE ( YEAR ( TODAY () ), MONTH ( TODAY () ), 1 ),
    EOMONTH ( TODAY (), 0 )
)

date.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Icey ,

Unfortunately, this is not working for me even with the desktop service. 

bandicam_2019-12-04_11-11-07-142.gif

Seems like a glitch in this particular file. I created a new file from scratch and replicated the steps, but the issue is not re-occurring. 

Hi @mukul_jain ,

Glad to hear that. Please accept your reply as a solution so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Icey

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors