Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shubhamc_002
Helper I
Helper I

cross report drillthrough not working in updated workspace App

Hi Team, 

We have some reports which are having cross dtrillthrough reports available in same workspace. with workspace URL , users are able to navigate drillthrough reports but same BI report if published in app , this feature is not working. (drillthrough option is not visible to end user if they have read only permission) . 

We have observed the same functionality was working fine with older version of workspace, started facing this issue post update of this workspace. 

let us know any solution for resolving this. 

User access: Read only

If BI report access directly through workspace URL than its working but if it is added to app than this functionality is breaking. 

NOTE: we have premium capacity node where this reports are hosted.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
PakthurYangu
Helper I
Helper I

I was facing the problem that for some users cross-report drillthrough context menu worked and others didn't.

Short answer
:

Solution 1) Grant viewer permission to the user at the Workspace level

Solution 2) Publish both reports in the Workspace App

Long answer:

Take a look at this article

My recommendation would be Solution 2)

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

When you sau "update" do you mean Gen2 or the new Audience experience?

Since you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Hi  , 

Thanks for responding on this query. 

Apologies! we have very limited information about version of workspace. As far as I know , UI experience is updated in new workspace in some of the functionality like while publishing the app, Its different UI and configuration tabs are also different which was available in older version of workspace. 

One strange behavior we observed , If users are accessing Direct URL of BI report from the same workspace then cross report drill through functionality is working fine whereas the same report if we hosted in App then Users are unable to see the cross report drill through feature in App experience. 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors