Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RashmitaR
Helper IV
Helper IV

creating customized synonyms and phrases in Q & A

Hi,

I facing issue creating customized synonyms and phrases. For example retrieving Gross Margin related data using the word GM or Margin instead of typing the entire word. So when I type GM the system identifies it as Gross Margin and displays that data.

Also wanted to know which dictionary is power BI using , If I am entering profit in the Q & A (there is no profit table or column in my data set ) power BI shows me the revenue(Revenue being a column in my dataset) how does this take place?

4 REPLIES 4
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@RashmitaR In PowerBI.com for your dataset you can specify featured Q&A questions which will appear as suggestions on your dashboard. See image below.

2016-04-29_13-46-10.png

Thank you for your quick response. We tried implementing that feature earlier. my concern was regarding creating customized synonyms. As I mentioned in my post earlier how can I get gross margin even if I type GM or margin. Please let me know if you need further clarification. -Thanks Rashmita Reddy

@RashmitaR I guess you're talking about changing the way Insights services analyses typed keywords so that when you type GM it recognises it as Gross Margin. I would suggest reading below posts and see if you can find something useful there.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-q-and-a/

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/demystifying-power-bi-q-amp-a-part-1/

@ankitpatira Thanks for sharing .I will go through the links and come back to you if needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors