Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arunaramana
Helper III
Helper III

couldn't get data from data-source in power-bi report-builder dataset

Hello There,

I started practicing Power BI report builder recently using microsoft official tutorial; in the tutorial, as initial steps, I created data source, then created dataset, tested the connection, which worked as intended till this step. Then, in Design a query window, as I selected facts in the fact table, and a field from a dimension table, I noticed couple of things:

1. data /values are not populated under Aggregate

2. I ran the query to expecting the values will be evaluated, the tool generated following error:

arunaramana_0-1631739185085.png

the above steps were perform using 'create table wizard' on 'azure sql database'. However, I tried with a on-premise sql server database using 'create table wizard' and encountered similar problem.

Would anyone please help me understand the scenario?  Thank you for giving your valuable time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arunaramana ,

According to the error message, the fileds you selected have no value, please fill this fileds and try again.

If I have not understood your needs correctly, please do not hesitate to inform me.

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arunaramana ,

According to the error message, the fileds you selected have no value, please fill this fileds and try again.

If I have not understood your needs correctly, please do not hesitate to inform me.

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @arunaramana 

From the error message it is saying that the column name SalesOrderLineNumber has no values. Can you try another column?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors