Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rufmau68
Helper I
Helper I

connection failed in local gateway add datasource

hi at all,

im new in local gateway use.

i install it on my home (and private) laptop 

from pbi service manage gateway seem all good, and the local test success completed. 

but whan i try to add my first data source (a simple easy excel file...) it return a connection failed

i tried all account that i have but all return the same error

probably i still using a wrong account ? what account i have to use ? laptop account, personal microsoft account, enterprise account ?

Immagine 2020_10_04__H144237.pngImmagine 2020_10_04__H144739.pngImmagine 2020_10_04__H150145.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

You have to use windows creadentails instead on gmail account

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

You have to use windows creadentails instead on gmail account

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

another  question ,

in the web i findout this:

Consuming a dataflow

A dataflow can be consumed in the following three ways:

• Create a linked entity from the dataflow to allow another dataflow author to use the data

• Create a dataset from the dataflow to allow a user to utilize the data to create reports

• Create a connection from external tools that can read from the CDM format

Consuming from Power BI Desktop To consume a dataflow, run Power BI Desktop and select the Power BI dataflows connector in the Get Data dialog.

can i consume dataflow output data directly in a new report created in pbi service... here in the web i see only that i can read it from pbi desktop...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors