Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rpeleg
Frequent Visitor

connected dashboard tiles

Hi

Are 2 tiles with reports stemming from same dataset automatically inter connected so filterring, or selecting one entity in one tile, automatically filters the other tile respectively?

Is there a way to have two tiles from different datasets filter each other if they contain some mutual entity key??

TIA

Rea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @rpeleg,

If the datasets you mentioned means combined with different data source.

By my tests, I'm afraid that your requirement may be not supported in Power BI currently.

If you have different datasets you cannot create the relationship for the data model.

Actually, only we create the relationships for the data model, we could have the interaction for the visuals.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @rpeleg,

If the datasets you mentioned means combined with different data source.

By my tests, I'm afraid that your requirement may be not supported in Power BI currently.

If you have different datasets you cannot create the relationship for the data model.

Actually, only we create the relationships for the data model, we could have the interaction for the visuals.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks you

What puzzles me is that I dont see a mechanism for creating relationships betwen datasets or tiles withinn The power bi service

(like those within the modelling area of the power bi desk top).

What happens then when related data sets (tables) are imported from a power bi desktop file into the power bi service??

Is it true then that a power bi desktop report - with multiple charts and slicers - is a better choice for displaying a bunch of inter related charts and reports then the power bi service dashboard (better in displaying together a bunch of independant tiles)?

rpeleg
Frequent Visitor

OK  to summarize me understanding following your answer and some reading:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. No relationships between datasets in the power bi service.

2. When you import a powerbi desk top file to the pbi sewrvice all related pbi desktop datasets create one converged dataset within     the pbi service.

3. Related tiles in a pbi service should all come from the same data set.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors