Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

martijnth
Helper II
Helper II

conditional formatting in Service Mode

Dear Reader,

report with conditional formatting is working fine in Desktop mode. However in Service it is not working properly, see below, if measure is 5 minutes or more  background will be red, if less than 5 it should be green. You can that in service mode 2 are working, 8 are not working. In desktop all 10 are fine. Any ideas how to fix this?

reg martijn

conditional formating.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

After my test, it works well on my Power BI Service.

Here is my test table and measure:

52.PNG

Measure = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Time])<=2,"Last GT within 2 min","Last GT over 2 min")

Create a color measure, then set its conditional format and choose a table visual:

Color = IF([Measure]="Last GT within 2 min","#FF0000","#00FF00")

54.PNG

The result shows:

53.PNG

After publishing to Power BI Service, it shows well:

55.PNG

So, for your problem, please share your conditional format setting with me by screenshot.

And please tell me the visual you used for me to find the solution as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Dear Giotto, thx for taking the time to support me!

Funny you mention, because the same happens here, when ever I publish all in one matrix works. However in then separate Cards it is not. 

This is code used in the cards:

Min.SinceLastGT = IF(
(DATEDIFF(MAX(TBM_PRODUCTION_DATA[ProducedOn]),now(),MINUTE)<4),
"Last GT within 2 min.",CONCATENATE(CONCATENATE("Last GT ",
DATEDIFF(MAX(TBM_PRODUCTION_DATA[ProducedOn]),now(),MINUTE))," Min. ago")
)

Formatting happens with(deliberately split measures for all machines, otherwise even in desktop not working):

Last GT tbm1 = CALCULATE
(DATEDIFF(MAX(TBM_PRODUCTION_DATA[ProducedOn]),now(),MINUTE),
Filter(TBM_PRODUCTION_DATA,TBM_PRODUCTION_DATA[EquipmentID]="TBM 1"))

in: 
conditional formating 2.jpg

Hi,

After my much test, i seem to find the key point of problem, it is due to different calculation of current time by time zone on Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service.

When you refresh dataset on Power BI Service, it displays the different time:

81.PNG   82.PNG

So in this case, you should not use NOW() dax expression but give a sepcific time you want.

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Hi Giotto,

thanks for your support, not sure how to capture the current time with using something like NOW() or UTCNOW(). How would you do this?

reg martijn

Hi,

Now() is used to show your computer time on Power BI Desktop and UTC time on Power BI Service.

And UTCNow() is used to show UTC time both on Power BI Desktop and Service.

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi 

@martijnth I would suggest creating a support ticket - support.powerbi.com or add this into the issues.powerbi.com forums as this type of thing happens periodically with different features and logging them in the above areas helps raise awareness.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors