cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

combine dashboards

i have 4 published dashbords each one contains the data for a quarter of the year

i want to combine them in one dashboard without reuploading the data 

1 REPLY 1
Burningsuit
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

So you've probably got 4 published Reports, not Dashboards, that's what I'm assuming. There is a difference, in Microsoft's language, a Report is produced from a Dataset, often with Power BI desktop and can have multiple pages. A Dashboard is a Service-only construct that can be used to combine together elements of separate Reports.

The reason I make the distinction is because you could probably use a Dashboard to solve this problem.

You can "pin" elements of a Report, or the whole Report to a Dashboard. So I would create a Dashboard and pin elements from each of the 4 Reports to it. This can then be shared with others in just the same way as you share a Report (and with the same licencing requirements). This way you can combine the 4 Reports onto one Dashboard,

see: Create a Power BI dashboard from a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs 

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

BizApps LATAM 2023

Business Application LATAM Summit 2023

Join the biggest FREE Business Applications Event in LATAM this February.

Power Platform Bootcamp

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

In this bootcamp we will deep-dive into Microsoft’s Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors