cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bakr_Mahmoud
Regular Visitor

combine dashboards

i have 4 published dashbords each one contains the data for a quarter of the year

i want to combine them in one dashboard without reuploading the data 

1 REPLY 1
Burningsuit
Super User
Super User

Hi @Bakr_Mahmoud 

So you've probably got 4 published Reports, not Dashboards, that's what I'm assuming. There is a difference, in Microsoft's language, a Report is produced from a Dataset, often with Power BI desktop and can have multiple pages. A Dashboard is a Service-only construct that can be used to combine together elements of separate Reports.

The reason I make the distinction is because you could probably use a Dashboard to solve this problem.

You can "pin" elements of a Report, or the whole Report to a Dashboard. So I would create a Dashboard and pin elements from each of the 4 Reports to it. This can then be shared with others in just the same way as you share a Report (and with the same licencing requirements). This way you can combine the 4 Reports onto one Dashboard,

see: Create a Power BI dashboard from a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs 

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 23 2022 epsiode 5 without aka link.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Welcome to the Power BI Community Show! Jeroen ter Heerdt talks about the importance of Data Modeling.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through June10th!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 without aka link and time 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Watch Session 22 Ted's Dev Camp along with past sessions!

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors