Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AVH_Tech
Frequent Visitor

column does not exist in the rowset

I've read through a number of issues relating to this error but none seem to resolve the issue.

I am using Power BI 2.81.5831.821 (May 2020).

I am able to refresh my data in desktop but I receive the error "Data source error: The 'Vehicle Asset Number (Reg #)' column does not exist in the rowset" (details below) when I refresh in the Service.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot? It seems it is a common issue. I have 2 queries pulling data from a web source (API) each using a function to loop through pages (pagination). I then append the two tables to product the dataset used for visuals. 

Something went wrong
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Data source error: The 'Vehicle Asset Number (Reg #)' column does not exist in the rowset.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 528a26ef-2c7a-4523-8415-d006267bdc9f
Request ID: 6a4a2c05-5489-f6db-1594-bd2dc41ff6af
Time: 2020-06-08 19:49:02Z

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Don't forget to publish your app.  Semantic differences between workspace and app will unfortunately result in these types of error messages. I guess this is one of the reasons they are pushing deployment pipelines as much as they do.

I appologize for my ignorance in advance, I am still learning 🙂

I published the app and I see I can hit refresh on the pages. My question is what about the dataset refresh (scheduled refresh and incremental refresh), is that still configured in the Workspace -> dataset settings?

It is here where I receied the error when I hit refresh next to the data set or when scheduled refresh runs.

Does this change once the app is published?

yes, your next dataset refresh in the workspace (either scheduled, manual, or via API call) will now (hopefully) succeed.

Hi @AVH_Tech ,

Sorry, I can't reproduce your issue. You could create a support ticket for further help.

If you are a pro user, it will be free.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Support_Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors