Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shamsuddeenvp
Post Patron
Post Patron

changing the default black and white style of power bi dashboard

Dear,

Power BI dashboard uses default styling (black and white) for all labels titles, background etc for the dashboards. Hiw can we change the background , title and lable colours etc. We have some labels and titles which are in white color with the dark background, so ut will not appear in the dashboard as the backgroung color is not showing up in the dashboard...

What is the solution for this? We cannot have multiple copies of the same report one is to show in report and one is to pin to dashboard.

Br,

Shams

3 REPLIES 3

@shamsuddeenvp yeah, this is annoying... There is no direct way around this. I either don't show anything on the dashboard for highly customized reports (Have one card that has the report name). Or you could copy the visual, change the fonts, pin it, then delete it and the pinned version will still bring you back to the report page.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

thanks @Seth_C_Bauer

I either don't show anything on the dashboard for highly customized reports (Have one card that has the report name).

Shams: Yea, this would be the only option if we have heavy customised reports.

Or you could copy the visual, change the fonts, pin it, then delete it and the pinned version will still bring you back to the report page.

Shams: Sorry , i dint understand this, i think issue is titla nad background etc are nor inheriting from the backend report. labels and other font and all inherited from report. I know the option of pinning live page, it will pin all report as a viusal and pin in dashboard, this is not good in mobile. Are you refering to the same approach or any other idea there?

Br,

Shams

Hi @shamsuddeenvp,

As Eno1978 said, there is no direct way around this. It is not allowed to customsize the background color of dashboard. Actually, the background of the visual will be removed after pinning to dashboard no matter what color we set for visual. Someone has submitted this idea and you can vote it up: Change background color on dashboard.

Report visual.

1.PNG

Dashboard tile.

2.PNG

To make the labels visible in dashboard, you'd better change label color to some other visible colors instead of white.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors