cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricardo Member

change PowerBI language (menus) to english, while maintaining regional settlings

Hi

how can i change PowerBI language (menus) to english, while maintaining my regional settlings?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Decopin New Member

Re: change PowerBI language (menus) to english, while maintaining regional settlings

5 REPLIES 5
DrGigabit Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: change PowerBI language (menus) to english, while maintaining regional settlings

I have the same question, basically power.com pick up my german locale (I guess) and there is no way to swith things in English.

JesperP Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Same here! it is so aggravating how MS is always shoving a language down our throat without offering the ability to change it back to English. WHY?

Edit: you can now change language in the settings of Power BI!

clement Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Maybe because I am located in France powerbi.com is displayed in French.

How to switch to English ?

I tried looking in https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/settings/general but I did not find a way to change the langage.

a+,=)

-=Clement=-

Configuration:

Power BI Version13.0.800.492
Windows running in English
Office 365 language is English (United States)
Decopin New Member

Moderator GuyInACube

Decopin's reference should work. It is controlled by the language of the browser.

A note for Chrome, even if you add Spanish to the list, it will go off of whatever is the first listed language. For example, i have English (United States) and Spanish listed. English is first. This results in the following HTTP Header.

Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.8,es;q=0.6

If I most Spanish to be first, I then see the following HTTP Header.

Accept-Language: es,en-US;q=0.8,en;q=0.6

Adam W. Saxton | Microsoft Employee | Business Intelligence
@GuyInACube | youtube.com/guyinacube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 401 members 3,479 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: