Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GeertW
Frequent Visitor

cant edit reports after pro trial version

After installing the pro trial 60-day version I can't edit any reports anymore which i made in the free version. How is that possible and how can I solve that? I'm a bit new to Power BI, so any help would be gratefull.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous  Smiley Happy

@GeertW I tried changing the language to Nederlands. Due to the language settings "Edit Report" whish is a third option went hidden under the | 

Try changing the zoom level of the browser to 80-90%, you should be able to see the option to Edit the report. Developing the tool using English and the words are shorter than other languages might have caused this. Please try and see if you see that option. It should not be related to the license though, I might be missing something. 

What is meant by Pegro ? We don't get that linkage. 

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are the reports and what is preventing you from editting them?  Do you get an error message when you press the "Edit Report" button?  Are they hosted in a Workspace and the admin of the workspace has changed your priviledges?

The reports are at my workspace. I was the only user and upgrade to the 60 day free trial. I shared the dashboard with a collegee and after the upgrade I can't edit any more. Normally I double click on the dashboard and I get a header with "edit report" That header is now missing. When I try directly in my workspace -> reports I can't either edit the report anymore. Do I need to change something in the settings?

Ps I don't get an error. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

There must be something else at play here. Changing license doesn't change your personal workspace.  You should always be able to edit your reports.  Can you take a full screenshot where you are trying to edit your reports? Hopefully that will highlight what is amiss.

Power BI screen.jpg

Thats what I was thinking too. Enclosed you find a screenshot. Hopefully its clear enough.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the screenshot, you are looking at a dashboard, not a report.

On the left hand menu, you have an expander for your workspace.  There you will see the sections: Dashboard, Report, Workbooks, and Datasets.  Click on the report under the report section.

@Anonymous There are tabs at left hand bottom, Dashboard is a single page, it won't show those tabs. This is definitely a report. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@deepu299Good spotting!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking harder at the top of the screen, I notice it says Mijn Werkruimite (My workspace?) > Pegro > "Report Name".

I would have expected Mijn Werkruimite (My workspace?) > "Report Name"

@GeertW  Can you detail more about what Pegro is?  Can you also expand out the left hand mind where it says Mijn Werkruimite?

@Anonymous  Smiley Happy

@GeertW I tried changing the language to Nederlands. Due to the language settings "Edit Report" whish is a third option went hidden under the | 

Try changing the zoom level of the browser to 80-90%, you should be able to see the option to Edit the report. Developing the tool using English and the words are shorter than other languages might have caused this. Please try and see if you see that option. It should not be related to the license though, I might be missing something. 

What is meant by Pegro ? We don't get that linkage. 

Capture.PNG

Hello Ross and Deepu,

Thanks for your time and input. That it could be that simple. It can be something for the developers if not all headers are dispalyed, to put an arrow that shows that there is a header hidden.

Btw Pegro is the name of the report/dashboard 😉

deepu299
Advocate V
Advocate V

@GeertW Well, It should be the other way. Are you seeing any error when you try to edit the reports?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors